SBI offers different types of credit cards, making it one of the most diverse and attractive credit card companies in India. The SBI credit cards are affordable and also provide customers with attractive rewards and deals. It offers cards designed for lifestyle, shopping, travel, dining, and many more credit cards with beneficial reward systems and cashback opportunities.
The Complete SBI Credit Card Application Process
Here are all the steps you need to follow for an SBI credit card application.
Compare and Pick a Suitable SBI Credit Card
Before opting for the SBI credit card, ensure that you check the features, reward system, and the additional charges on the cards. You can pick the card that suits your requirement the best. For example, if you use your card often and want to maximize the returns, an SBI cashback credit card will be a great option. On the other hand, if you are a frequent traveler, you can pick one of the many travel reward cards, like the Air India SBI signature credit card. Similarly, cards like the FabIndia cards and SBI Amazon cards provide exclusive deals on purchases made online and offline. Thus, always ensure that you do the proper research before opting for any card.
Check the Eligibility Criteria
The general eligibility criteria for SBI credit cards are given below. Some credit cards might have some specific eligibility criteria that one should meet.
- The minimum age for the applicant to apply is 18, while the maximum age is 60 years.
- Your credit score must be more than 750. If your credit score is not strong, you need not worry. You can still opt for SBI credit cards, but the terms may not be much favorable.
- To apply for the card, you should be a salaried employee or self-employed with a stable income level. The employment and income specifics differ from card to card.
Submit Your SBI Credit Card Application
Apply for a SBI credit card in any of the two ways.
SBI Credit Card Application Process Online
The steps for this process are:
- Visit the SBI cards’ official website.
- Now, navigate and click on the ‘SBI cards’ tab.
- You will see a list of all the SBI credit cards. This list will include the SBI cashback credit card, reward credit card, travel credit card, and so on. Select the one you prefer.
- Fill in the form with all the necessary details, like your name, mobile number, and SBI bank account number.
- Before submitting the form, verify your number.
- After the OTP verification, you can submit the form.
- You will receive an instant text confirming your application status on your registered mobile number.
- If your SBI credit card application has been approved, you will receive a call from a bank employee for KYC document verification.
SBI Credit Card Application Offline
If you want to apply for SBI credit cards offline, visit the nearest SBI branch. The bank official will provide you with a credit card application form. Fill out and submit this form with your KYC documents to get the SBI credit card of your choice.
Document Checklist for the SBI Credit Card Application Process
Here are all the necessary documents you need to apply for the SBI credit cards, online or offline:
- A copy of your PAN Card
- Copy of your Adhaar card or any other Government issued address proof like voter’s ID and driver’s license
- Documents for income verification, like salary slips, income statements, or Income tax Returns
Tracking Your SBI Credit Card Application
Here are the steps to track your SBI credit card application:
- Land on the official SBI cards website.
- Click on ‘Track Application’ from the Home Page to see the status of your application.
- Enter the application number or the reference number you were provided with during the application process.
- Tap on ‘Track’ to see the status of your SBI credit card application.
SBI offers numerous credit cards that can meet the diverse requirements of all its customers. You can get premium cards and enjoy maximum benefits with a good credit history. Before applying for the SBI credit cards, consider their eligibility criteria and the application process.